One of the best things to partake in on a Disney vacation is the food. Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is no exception. From unique libations to decadent treats, Disney World chefs spare no expense regarding creativity during this special event. Prepare yourself with everything you need to know about Epcot Food and Wine.
Everything About Epcot Food and Wine Festival
First, let’s talk about the basics.
- What is the Epcot Food and Wine Festival? It is a celebration of unique drinks and food from all over the world. Disney World chefs wear their creative hats and unveil unique food and beverage pairings each year to encourage guests to venture out of their comfort zones.
- When is Epcot Food and Wine? It will run July 27-November 18 this year, making it the longest festival run in the park’s history.
- Where does it take place? It takes place mostly in the World Showcase of Epcot. It is home to all of the food kiosks, but there are other places throughout Epcot to enjoy activities, seminars, tours, and more, all related to the festival.
What to Do at Epcot Food and Wine
Next, let’s talk about what to do at the festival. Every year, be sure to check out the Festival Center. From the free seminars to the merchandise to the Intermissions Cafe, one could spend all day there if not careful! Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak adventure is a fun additional activity for adults and kids as well.
It may seem obvious, but don’t skip the food kiosks! With everything extra there is to do, you may choose to indulge in a seminar or Eat to the Beat Concert package, but you’ll definitely be sad if you don’t sample some of the food.
Eat to the Beat Concert Series
In addition to other activities, Epcot offers a free concert series with paid entrance to the park. Past visits to Walt Disney World during this festival have included acts like Smash Mouth, Boyz II Men, and The Pointer Sisters. Check out who is performing this year:
- 28-29: Orianthi
- 30-21: For King + Country
- 4-5: Southern Avenue
- 6-7: Tiffany
- 11-12: Ruben Studdard with Haley Reinhart
- 13-14: The Bacon Brothers
- 18-21: Joey Fatone & Friends
- 25-26: Ayron Jones
- 27-28: Phillip Phillips
- 1-2: Baha Men
- 3-4: MercyMe
- 8-9: Ray Parker Jr.
- 10-11: TobyMac
- 15-16: TBA
- 17-18: Raul Acosta & Oro Solido
- 22-23: Los Amigos Invisibles
- 24-25: 98 Degrees
- 29-30: Boyz II Men
- 1-2: Boyz II Men
- 6-7: Mark Wills
- 8-9: Sugar Ray
- 13-14: Hoobastank
- 15-16: Air Supply
- 20-21: Taylor Dayne
- 22-23: Billy Ocean
- 27-30: Hanson
- 3-4: We the Kings
- 5-6: Shelia E.
- 10-11: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- 12-13: 38 Special
Concerts are scheduled Fridays through Mondays at 5:30 pm, 6:45 pm, and 8 pm.
Extra Food and Wine Festival Experiences
Previous years have seen several semiars and demonstrations offered at an extra cost for guests. As of this article’s publishing, no annoucnements have been made about these extras. However, below is a sampling of previous festival offerings:
- Food & Wine Pairings: Learn about food and beverage pairings in a 45-minute seminar. Located between the UK and Canada pavilions.
- Culinary Demonstrations: Celebrated chefs teach tips, tricks, and kitchen skills while whipping up special treats. This experience takes place in the World ShowPlace Events Pavilion.
- Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It: A 75-minute guided interactive experience with expert chefs and beverage makers.
- Beverage Seminars: These are for ages 21+ only. Learn from sommeliers, cicerones, and other beverage experts. Located between the UK and Canada pavilions.
- Cheese Seminars: During a 90-minute seminar, learn about the different textures, flavors, and aromas of popular cheeses.
Fun for Kids at Epcot Food and Wine
Finally, if you’re taking kids, you may wonder if this festival is appropriate for them. The short answer is: yes! Not only can you introduce children to new flavors, textures, and cultures through food, but Remy’s Ratatouille Hide and Squeak is always a fun activity, no matter your age. The best times to visit Epcot Food and Wine with kids is during a weekday or weeknight.