Y’all know I love me some cookies. Especially holiday cookies. I don’t often indulge in those sweet treats, but they’re hard to resist this time of year. However, isn’t it about time we put a new spin on the holiday cookie tradition? What else can we make during this holiday season that’s delicious but different? I’ve had a hankerin’ for some fudge as of late (thanks, Ree Drummond), and when Eagle Brand approached me about giving their products a try, I just couldn’t help myself. Keep reading to find out how you can make your own batch of quick and easy peppermint fudge this holiday season.
Quick and Easy Peppermint Fudge
The best part about this peppermint fudge? It requires no oven. Bonus best part? It’s only 5 ingredients (six if you decide to add peppermint extract)! Here’s what you’ll need to get your fudge good and ready:
12 oz white chocolate chips
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup of crushed peppermint candies
1/4 tsp peppermint extract (optional)
- Line a 8×8 pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. This will make for less stickiness and easier clean up later.
- Add chocolate chips and white chocolate chips to two separate bowls for microwave heating or sauce pans if using the “double boiler” option. Sarah’s Tip: If microwaving, begin with 1 minute at 50% power. Remove and stir, then continue to heat at 30 second intervals until fully melted.
- Once chocolate is melted, immediately add vanilla extract and 1/2 can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk. Stir. Pour into pan and spread evenly.
- Once white chocolate is melted, immediately add 1/2 can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup crushed peppermint and peppermint extract (optional). Stir. Pour over chocolate layer and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining peppermint pieces over chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator to set completely (about 1 hour) before slicing and serving.
Using aluminum foil to line your pan? Consider cooking spray or butter to lightly coat the pan sides and bottom. Anything that makes clean up quicker and easier gets an A+ in my book!
As soon as you add the sweetened condensed milk, the fudge will start to set up. Quickly stir it all together and pour it into your pan before it gets too difficult to stir.
Use a big knife to cut the fudge into bite size pieces. The chocolate is very rich, so big hunks probably won’t get eaten as much as little “finger food” sizes will.
Fudge not really your thing? Don’t worry! Eagle Brand has several amazing recipes on their site that are also easy to make and delicious to eat! Head on over there now and check out their Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars or their Triple Layer Dulce de Leche Brownie Cookie Bars. My mouth is watering just thinking about them!
More Holiday Recipes
For more great holiday recipes, check out these ideas below:
White Chocolate & Peppermint Christmas Popcorn Balls
Easy Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
Easy Peppermint Bark
DIY Cookie Decorating Station
This looks amazing! So easy to make too. Will give it a try