Harry Potter fans can’t get enough of all things Harry Potter! My kids are obsessed with the books and the films, so we were inspired to make these cookies with a Harry Potter twist! Check out the directions below to make your very own Harry Potter inspired Butterbeer cookies!
Harry Potter Inspired Butterbeer Cookies
Have you had a chance to try Butterbeer at Universal Studios yet? Whether in Florida or California, if you find yourself in the Wizarding World, you’re going to want to give it a try! If you haven’t experienced the wonderful flavors in Butterbeer yet, maybe this cookie recipe will be a good substitute!
Ingredients for Butterbeer Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. butterscotch extract
- 1/2 tsp. butter extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Butterscotch baking chips
Maple icing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tbs. pure maple syrup
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Harry Potter Inspired Butterbeer Cookies Directions
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, in a bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and shortening with a on medium for 30 seconds.
- Then, add sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Continue to beat for two minutes.
- Next, add in the egg yolks, butterscotch extract, butter extract, and vanilla.
- Then, beat in flour.
- Remove from the stand mixer and add the butterscotch baking chips.
- Stir to combine.
- Using a small ice cream scoop shape dough into small balls.
- Cover your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the dough balls 3 inches apart on your baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove; cool on a wire rack.
- Finally, drizzle with maple icing (see below for icing directions).
Maple Icing Directions
In a small bowl stir together heavy cream, melted butter, and pure maple syrup. Whisk in powdered sugar until well blended.
More Harry Potter Inspired Treats
Excited to try more treats inspired by the Boy Who Lived? Check out these fun ideas and plan your Harry Potter party today!
Harry Potter Butterbeer Ice Cream
And don’t forget to see the follow up to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is in theaters everywhere November 16!