Alabama’s Gulf Coast is not to be missed. When planning a beach trip, look no further than Gulf Shores or Orange Beach, Alabama. Why Alabama? The state’s beaches offer sugar-white sands, beautiful water, and fun activities. Plan to stay, eat and play on Alabama’s Gulf Coast.
This post is sponsored by Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Tourism. All opinions are my own.
Plan a Visit to Alabama’s Gulf Coast
Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are two beautiful towns on Alabama’s gulf coast. They are situated right next to one another, which makes driving between the two simple. Whether you stay in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach, getting from one activity or restaurant to another is easy, thanks to their proximity. Plan your visit to Alabama’s Gulf Coast with these tips.
Where to Stay on Alabama’s Gulf Coast
Finding lodging at Gulf Shores or Orange Beach is not difficult. There are so many options to choose from. Choices to fit every budget are available.
Favorite accommodations include:
- Turquoise Place: a high-rise condo with high-end features and amenities, including indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river, and concierge-style service.
- The Beach Club: fully-equipped, beachfront condos or lakeside cottages; amenities include a spa and salon, indoor and outdoor pools, private beach access, fitness options, and on-site dining
- Gulf State Park: a budget-friendly choice, Gulf State Park offers cabins, cottages, and motel-style lodging, as well as RV parking and primitive camping
- Caribe Resort: luxury condo rentals in Orange Beach, just a short walk across from the beach; Cobalt the Restaurant is also within walking distance of the resort
- Condo or Beach House RentalsGulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism website: a variety of locally-owned beach houses and condos are available to rent through the
The Best Dining on Alabama’s Beaches
You’ll love the abundant seafood options in the gulf, but what if you want another kind of cuisine? There are plenty of restaurants available to meet all your dining needs!
Don’t start the day without breakfast or brunch! Some of the best options are:
- The Ruby Slipper Cafe: the original location can be found in New Orleans, and this Alabama location serves up favorite dishes in the same style as the original location.
- Cafe Beignet: offers beignets and coffee in both Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
- City Donut: varied donut selections are offered every morning, along with drink choices.
- The Southern Grind: coffee house at The Wharf and Hotel Indigo offering breakfast and lunch choices.
- High Tide Daiquiris and Mimosas: small plates and charcuterie boards along with daiquiris, mimosas, beer, and wine.
Midday meals may not be necessary if you start out with a big breakfast. My family usually eats light in the middle of the day because we’re enjoying the beach and don’t want to get dressed to go out.
If you’re like us, take advantage of The Beach Mom’s Concierge Service. One of the services they offer is grocery shopping. Not only do they purchase the groceries, but they deliver and stock them in your kitchen as well.
When it comes to dinner, the Gulf Coast offers many different choices. Family-friendly, on-the-beach, and date-night choices include:
- Voyagers at Perdido Beach Resort: white tablecloth dining with surf and turf options and a full bar.
- Cobalt the Restaurant: family-friendly restaurant with seating indoors and outdoors.
- Tacky Jack’s: multiple locations in Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Fort Morgan; this restaurant serves casual breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Doc’s Seafood & Steaks: surf and turf restaurant that also offers pickup and delivery to the Orange Beach area.
- The Beach House Kitchen & Cocktails: casual dining offering American food, Gulf seafood, and cocktails.
- The Gulf: outdoor dining on the beach; order at the window, and they bring it out to you.
- Lulu’s Restaurant: indoor and outdoor dining in Gulf Shores; arcades and play spaces make this a great restaurant for families.
- Seas-n-Suds: a Gulf Shores icon, this restaurant offers gumbo, crab claws, and Mullet specials on Tuesdays and Fridays.
What to Do When Visiting Alabama’s Gulf Coast
Besides swimming in the Gulf of Mexico or laying out in the beautiful sunshine, what else is there to do in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach?
There are more activities than you will have time for! Some favorites include:
- Hammock Time Tiki Tours: family-friendly tours around the bay; also perfect for adults who want to BYOB.
- Orange Beach Cycle Boats: pedal around the bay with your own foot power; it seats 20 with 12 cycle stations.
- Foil Gulf Coast: learn how to surf with a board powered electronically; lessons are given before you’re sent out to surf.
- Hiking or Biking in Gulf State Park: active vacationers will want to visit Gulf State Park and experience one of their many hiking or biking trails.
- Axe Throwing at The Wharf: The Wharf is a fun location for indoor activities like axe throwing, escape games, or catching a movie at the theater.
- Jurassic Golf Gulf Shores: mini-golf in a fun, indoor setting.
- Pure Aloha Adventures: a woman-owned tour company that gives tours on kayaks, paddle boarding lessons, or SUP boarding lessons.
Book Your Alabama Gulf Coast Trip Today
Planning your visit to Alabama’s beaches is easy! Check out all the tips on the Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Tourism website. They have all the tools you need to plan your vacation today.